You’ve taken the first step toward a better future supported by continued education. And, Faulkner University is excited to join you in this new journey. You will benefit from our intensive focus on academic excellence and spiritual commitment, which, when combined, translates into a meaningful and quality education experience.
Faulkner admits students of high character who have willingness to respect and uphold the values and ideals of our university. We reserve the right to deny admission to applicants whose previous actions could be interpreted to mean that they are not of high character or that they will not respect and uphold the values and ideals of the university. All applicants who qualify for admission are accepted without regard to race, religion, gender, handicap or nation origin.
Requirements for admission vary by program. Click on a specific program page for detailed admission information, including student requirements for entry.
- Associate of Arts/Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Humanities
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Philosophy in Biblical Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities
- Executive MBA
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Master of Arts in Teaching English
- Master of Education in Elementary Education
- Master of Education in English Language Arts
- Master of Arts in Humanities
- Master of Justice Administration
- Master of Science in Counseling
Undergraduate Transfer Students
Faulkner University has a fair policy for transferring academic credit earned at a regionally accredited college or university. Conditions for transferring credits include the following:
- Official transcripts from all schools previously attended.
- Transfer credits will be given accordingly:
- A transferred course that is equivalent to a course in the student’s curriculum at Faulkner will satisfy the equivalent degree requirement.
- Other transfer credits may appear on Faulkner’s transcript, even though they do not satisfy specific degree requirements.
- Students must have earned a “D” or better for any transferred course, except as follows:
- A “C” or better is required for English Composition I (EH 1301) and English Composition II (EH 1302)
- A “D” credit cannot be transferred for a required major course.
- Students may seek dean approval for transferring “D” credits if the student transfers an overall GPA of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Students may transfer no more than 60 semester hours from two-year institutions.
- Transfer students must earn credit in residency at Faulkner as follows:
- Students must earn a minimum of 25 percent of all their coursework at Faulkner to receive a bachelor’s degree.
- Students must earn 60 hours at the senior college level to receive a bachelor’s degree.