How Do I Get Started as a Graduate Student at Faulkner University?
Our online Master of Education degree fits your busy life to help you meet your biggest goals. All prospective students enrolling in the Master of Education program must meet the following admission requirements:
- No preadmission testing!
- Completed Application listing all institutions previously attended
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, if not an Alabama certified teacher
- Contact information for three references typically from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel
- A goal statement with a minimum of 250 words specifying personal goals as a master teacher and how their influence will impact the lives of others
- Signed copy of the Acknowledgment form
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction additional information:
- This program leads to a Master’s Degree, but not additional certification in the state of Alabama.
- Degree will lead to advanced pay due to the concentration options on the transcript according to ALSDE.
Master of Education in Elementary Education additional information:
- This program leads to a Class A Certification at the completion of the degree in the state of Alabama
- Student will be able to pursue further education, such as an Ed.S or doctorate programs, and receive additional advanced pay in the Alabama public-school system.
The university reserves the right to deny admission to any student whose record indicates that she/he may not be a successful participant in the educational program or whose conduct as a whole is viewed by the university to be inconsistent with its goals, standards and/or ideals. Faulkner University reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the university.