How Do I Get Started as a Graduate Student at Faulkner University?
Our online Master of Education degree fits your busy life … and helps you meet your biggest goals. All prospective students enrolling in the Master of Education program must meet the following admission requirements.
- Completed Application
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. Transcripts from all institutions attended must be provided.
- Three letters of recommendation with specific comments regarding the applicant’s academic work, professional experience and ability to successfully complete graduate study. The letters are usually from the applicant’s faculty members or supervisory personnel.
- Applicants must submit a statement of approximately 250 words specifying personal goals for their life as a master teacher and how their teaching and influence will impact the lives of others.
- Signed copy of the Acknowledgment form.
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction additional information:
- No preadmission testing required if undergraduate GPA is 2.75+
- If undergraduate GPA is 2.5 – 2.74, must take the GRE (281 minimum) or MAT (370 minimum) to be considered for admission
- This program leads to a Master’s Degree, but not additional certification.
- Degree will lead to advanced pay due to the concentration options on the transcripts according to ALSDE
- Student will not be able to pursue further education to receive additional advanced pay in the public-school system
Master of Education in Elementary Education additional information:
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Acceptable score on a graduate admission exam such as the MAT (370) or GRE (281), which cannot be more than five years old.
- This program leads to a Class A Certification at the completion of the degree
- Student will be able to pursue further education, such as an Ed.S or doctorate programs, and receive additional advanced pay in the public-school system
The university reserves the right to deny admission to any student whose record indicates that she/he may not be a successful participant in the educational program or whose conduct as a whole is viewed by the university to be inconsistent with its goals, standards and/or ideals. Faulkner University reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the university.